Saturday, March 2, 2019

It's Girl Scout Cookie Time!!

As I was getting the standard AG Girl Scout uniform onto Yajaira this year, I remembered that I had always wanted to make a Girl Scout uniform that looked like the one that I wore as a GS (in the mid 1970's). However, the one I had was a hand-me-down so it was actually what a Girl Scout would have worn in the late 1960's-early 1970's.

I found a vintage 60's uniform and cut it down to fit an 18" American Girl doll. I followed (loosely) the Kindred Thread's Fifties Shirtwaist Dress Pattern. (www.pixiefaire.com/products/fifties-shirtwaist-dress-18-doll-clothes)

Ivy is wearing the new uniform complete with a sash replicated exactly like my sash from the 70's (that I still have) including my Council, Troop Crest, number & badges! Then I took a bit of liberty and added on badges from things I would have certainly attained by this time in my life!

Little Kendall (Wellie Wisher) is wearing a Brownie uniform that I purchased off of an ebay seller.

 Yajaira, Kendall & Ivy




 I was a bit impressed at how the vintage uniform turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment