Thursday, January 15, 2015

Paris themed quilt for Grace!

I ran across this fabric at Wal-mart the other day and just had to get a small piece for Grace! I only bought 3/4 of a yard (@ $3.97 yard) of the front fabric and 1/2 yard (same price) of the contrasting backing. I already had some quilt batting pieces that I used to make it warm.

I did NOT want to cut it up and piece it back together because the images are kind of big. I just hand quilted around each image making a sort of 'applique' look. The finished size is 21" x 19".



UPDATE: Also made a bolster pillow and a bed for Bonbon!




And another update! I've taken almost all of the rest of the Paris fabric and made a sheet (more like a pillow case) for Grace's mattress. Then I made mini-Grace a quilt and pillow with some scraps! 


 

One more update: Pieced together the tiny scraps and made mini-Grace a matteress too, and then I made a little bed for her out of some scrap, craft-grade wood I found in the basement. I used my new Dremel tool to make a bit of carving on the headboard and foot-board. I may work on that some more. And then I need to stain or paint it.




No comments:

Post a Comment